In this module, we explored the various factors that influence behaviours and outlined the basis for the COM-B framework for behaviour change, which is used to develop effective interventions. We introduced multiple case studies and discussed how to use the COM-B framework in your own practice to demonstrate practical problem-solving and decision-making within the context of behaviour change.
Now you should be able to:
- Understand what influences behaviour
- Explore the opportunity for behaviour change in your workplace using the COM-B framework
- Use the learning and case studies as a guide to think about what influences your behaviour and the behaviours of your colleagues
As you finish this module, reflect on the following questions.
- Which of the behavioural influences are most common in your workplace?
- Which part of the COM-B framework influences your own behaviour most frequently?
- What are your key take home messages from this module?