Hospital pharmacists play a vital role in the management of patients with Tuberculosis (TB) by providing their expertise within a multidisciplinary team.
In this course, you will learn about the role of hospital pharmacists in reducing the emergence of resistant TB. It will also help to consolidate your knowledge on how to assess the appropriateness, efficacy, and safety of anti-TB therapy by monitoring patients and ensuring medication adherence.
Course learning outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role that pharmacists have in the wider multi-disciplinary TB team
- Define the role of hospital pharmacists in reducing the emergence of resistant TB
- Summarise the factors to consider when reviewing prescriptions for TB treatment
- Recognise treatment failure and complications
- Discuss the management of
Before we begin, have a go at completing the following quiz. The purpose of this quiz is solely to measure your baseline understanding prior to taking the course. There will be another quiz at the end of the course so you can compare scores and check your progress. Please note, this quiz can only be attempted once.
Tuberculosis programme acknowledgements
Author: Timothy Rennie
Reviewers: Manjiri Gharat, Manjula Halai, Mubita Mwangana, Chiko Savieli
Published: December 2021
Review date: December 2024